The Center for Military Affiliated Students located at the John Peace Library on the Main Campus where services are consolidated under one roof. The center houses our veterans certification office, hazlewood financial aid program, the VetSuccess on Campus program, and the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs.
Center for Military Affiliated Student
10AM – 2PM M-F
|Visit Us||John Peace Library (JPL)
First Floor, Room 1.01.14
One UTSA Circle, San Antonio TX 78249Open Mon-Fri 0800-1700 (8am-5pm)
VetSuccess on Campus
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has placed two VSOC vocational counselors on the UTSA campus to assist Veterans, active duty military and their eligible family members who attend or plan to attend UTSA.
- Information on VA educational benefits to include: Montgomery G.I. Bill® (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33), and other VA and non-VA educational benefits
- How to apply for and maximize your VA educational benefits should you be eligible for more than one benefit
- Understanding and applying for Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Chapter 31) Vocational exploration and career counseling services
- Information on college credit for military experience & training
- Job placement assistance and referrals to state employment agencies and services
- Information on applying for other VA benefits to include disability compensation, Life
- Insurance and Home Loan Guaranty
- Referrals to the local Vet Center for readjustment counseling services
- Referrals to on-campus, community and VA resources to ensure academic success
|Kareem Vaughn, Ph.D., C.R.C.
|Wendy Foster, M.A., C.R.C.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has placed a VITAL Coordinator on the UTSA campus to help Veterans and transitioning service members with their healthcare needs.
- Assistance with electing healthcare benefits through the Veterans Health Administration
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Assistance with mental health, post-deployment, and readjustment concerns
- Meet Veterans Health Administration criteria for healthcare services
- Connecting Veterans and transitioning service members with community resources
|Toni Bravo-Price, LCSW
Office of Veteran & Military Affairs
The Center for Military Affiliated Students is part of the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs whose focus is to:
- Assists non-traditional students with transition to college
- Offers veteran-to-veteran peer mentoring
- Hosts special programs, such as the Veteran Success Collaborative
- Serves as a hub for activation in times of disaster or war