Veterans are a diverse culture. We recognize that military affiliated students have unique needs. UTSA Veteran & Military affairs strive to connect you with support for these unique needs. Below are additional resources available for our military affiliated and veteran students.
- Activation Checklist
- Emergency Fund
- Women Veterans
- On Campus Resources
- Off Campus Resources
DoD Tuition Assistance questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To qualify, an activation must be unforeseen, reserve/Guard scheduled annual training is not typically considered eligible for military withdrawal.
- Obtain a copy of your military orders
- Complete the withdrawal form
- Send your orders and the withdrawal from to email@example.com
- Please put in the subject line “Military Withdraw Form”
- Expect to be contacted to go over details
Military affiliated students enrolled at UTSA who are experiencing unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances may request one-time emergency funds.
Scholarships may be used in conjunction with federal or state funding or to help bridge the gap when funds are no longer available. Scholarships categories are listed below. Refer to each for specific eligibility criteria.
Available Scholarships on the HUB
- Veteran Scholarship
- VMA Student Worker Scholarship (link coming soon!)
- Guard/Reserve Scholarship
- Military Affiliated Family Scholarship
Scholarship applications can be submitted via the UTSA Scholarship Hub. In addition to the General Scholarship Application on the Scholarship Hub, be sure to answer these two supplemental questions:
- In 1,000 words or less, please explain why you are applying for the scholarship and how receiving it will help you reach your educational goals.
- Indicate which category you are applying under (Veteran, Guard/Reserve, Military Affiliated, or VMA Student Worker).
- Into the Light
- Women Empowerment
- Take a walk in her boots video
- Center for Women Veterans (CWV) (va.gov)
- Camp Shield
- Women Veteran Owned Business | Women Veterans Alliance
- Women Veteran Oral Histories Project
On Campus Resources
Off Campus Resources