Veterans are a diverse culture. We recognize that military affiliated students have unique needs. UTSA Veteran & Military affairs strive to connect you with support for these unique needs. Below are additional resources available for our military affiliated and veteran students.

Our Resources:

DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) is not handled through CMAS. Please direct all questions to

Activation Checklist

  • To qualify, an activation must be unforeseen, reserve/Guard scheduled annual training is not typically considered eligible for military withdrawal.
  • Obtain a copy of your military orders
  • Complete the withdrawal form
  • Send your orders and the withdrawal from to
    • Please put in the subject line “Military Withdraw Form”
  • Expect to be contacted to go over details

More information about the policy for withdrawal for military service

VMA Work Study Application

If you are interested in working for the UTSA Veteran and Military Affairs Office as a work-study please fill out the application and attach your resume. You must fill out a FAFSA and be using VA education benefits to be considered eligible. CMAS will contact you via your student email if any further information is needed or if we will proceed with an interview.

Note: If you have any difficulties submitting the application, please contact


Scholarships may be used in conjunction with federal or state funding or to help bridge the gap when funds are no longer available. Scholarships categories are listed below. Refer to each for specific eligibility criteria.

Available Scholarships on the HUB

Scholarship applications can be submitted via the UTSA Scholarship Hub. In addition to the General Scholarship Application on the Scholarship Hub, be sure to answer these two supplemental questions:

  • In 1,000 words or less, please explain why you are applying for the scholarship and how receiving it will help you reach your educational goals.
  • Indicate which category you are applying under (Veteran, Guard/Reserve, Military Affiliated, or VMA Student Worker).

Women Veterans

On Campus Resources

Have a question?

Let us know how we can help by completing the following form:


Contact Us

Visit Us

VSOC Counselors

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at